Welcome to the Tiger class!
Key class information
- Class teacher Monday to Thursday – Mrs Rushton
- PPA and Friday class teacher – Miss Cuthbertson
- Learning Support Assistant – Mrs Winch
- Spellings – Sent out on Monday, tested on Friday.
- PE – Monday
- Please use the tiger class email address to contact Mrs Rushton – tigerclass@
- You can also contact the school through the email@example.com
Home learning week beginning 11th January
Home learning week beginning 4th January
Sustainable development goals
As part of every inquiry we focus on a sustainable development goal. Please see the image below for an overview of all 17 sustainable development goals. This term we are focusing on the 3rd sustainable development goal – Peace, justice and strong institutions.
Learner profile attributes
In school we encourage the children to meet the different learner profile attribute below. We discuss these regularly and related lots of our learning to them. Please ask your children about what the different attributes mean and ask them how they link to our current inquiry.
Below are a range of links to websites you can access to support your child’s learning at home –
Reading at home
- Over 100 phonics based ebooks can be accessed on the Oxford Owls website. Remember reading daily is so important for your child’s learning.
- Parent’s guide to supporting your child with their phonics learning
- Choosing the correctly levelled book guide to support your child home reading
- 7 top tips for supporting your child’s reading at home
Please also visit the following websites to play some fun games linked to phonics and maths –
- Phonics Play (Username: march20 and Password: home)
- Online phonics lessons are available from Letters and Sounds for home and school, please read this letter for more information –
In school we follow a scheme called White Rose. The children enjoy solving white rose problems in school and are familiar with the format of questions.
Here are some other Maths focused websites with fun games and activities –
- The Maths Factor
- Third Space Learning
- Third Space Learning – For Parents
Also remember to keep playing timetables rockstars using your logins.
Please use the following links to access some PE based activities you can access at home.
- Joe Wicks the Body coach will be completing a live PE lesson at 9am through his youtube channel
- You can also access fun activities to complete at home through the resources section on the get set website
- Andy from CBeebies has also made some fun animal workout videos.
Wellbeing and mindfulness activities
- The red cross has developed a lovely resource called the kindness calendar. It focuses on children find a kind act to do every day during the coronavirus pandemic.
- The cosmic kids yoga youtube channel is full of fun videos for children to follow. They can take part in a range of different yoga lessons (sone linked to films such as Frozen and Trolls) and also practice relaxation and meditation by completing some of their Zen Den and Peace out guided relaxations.